Saturday, May 3

7 LITTLE THINGS THAT MAKE ME HAPPY


One of the most important things I've learnt in my entire life is that happiness is found in simple, seemingly unremarkable things. Being able to identify those little things is a precious skill, one you should cherish and protect. I'm not really an expert myself, I've still got a long way to go toward happiness. I do sometimes recognize the little things that make me happy though, and today I am sharing seven of them. Enjoy!


Thunderstorms. You can call me crazy, but I enjoy a good thunderstorm. Where some people fear them and get stressed out, they calm me down and make me happy. I find the ticking of the rain one of the loveliest sounds ever and the lightning so fascinating to look at.


Kittens. Okay, fluffy, young animals with huge smiling eyes. Enough said.

Making other people happy. Buying other people presents, complementing them unexpectedly or cheering them up: it makes me happy. And being surrounded by happy people is good. Very good.


Reading. Dissappearing in an exciting story and falling in love with main characters. I prefer books over movies. Movies destroy your imagination. They show you everything about everyone, there's no fantasy needed.


Dancing in the middle of a jumping crowd. If you love going to gigs as much as I do, you probaby know what I mean. The happy and vibrant atmosphere. Meeting the most amazing people: I can't get enough of it.  

Being alone at home and turning on your favourite Disney song (and singing along as loud as possible). Let it goooooooo, let it goooooooooo, can't hold it back anymoreeee. Feels so freeing.


Girly magazines and cozy socks on cold winter evenings. I'm not really a girly girl, but sometimes I kind of crave a simple girly magazine along with cozy socks and a warm blanket. Especially on those cold winter evenings, accompanied with a nice hot chocolate and some marshmallows.


Little update:
Holy....... Saturday already?! Time has been flying lately. I'm spending my last free days in the middle of nowhere (well, as close as it can get to such place in the Netherlands) and I'm enjoying the quietness and the lovely weather, but I'm afraid it affected my blogposts in a less positive way. I hope it's not too bad though.... I'll try to catch up with my missed post from yesterday this evening. That way I can finish my 7 posts thingy tomorrow. Let me know if you liked my little project!

Love,
Laura






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks!