Saturday, May 24

RECIPE | HEALTHY BANANA PANCAKES


Yup, you read that prefectly correct: healthy. Since I had to stop eating gluten and lactose for a while I decided to go extreme and to change my entire diet. I wasn't eating that bad though, quite healthy actually, I just felt like this was a good thing to do. Eating healthily and taking care of my body is and has always been a good way to make me feel better about myself and in my skin. So yeah. That was my little 'wow I'm changing my life I'm going healthy let's do this' story. And today I'm sharing my current favourite breakfast with y'all (I have already told y'all about this breakfast a while ago: click here to read more).




Ingredients:
  • 1 Banana
  • 1 Egg
  • 1 Tbs coconut flour
  • A splash of almond milk (I don't really like this brand because it has a lot of additives in it, but I couldn't find a better one. If you can find a better and unsweetened one, I'd recommend that one)
  • Maple syrup, berries, peanutbutter, honey etc.
  • Coconut oil




Directions:

Mash the banana with a fork and add the egg and coconut flour. Stir untill the batter has a doughey texture. Add a splash of almond milk. The batter has to be quite thick, but still liquid. If it looks like cake batter it's too thick, but if it looks like a smoothie or milkshake it's too liquid. Add some coconut oil to a nonstick frying pan and wait untill it melts. Once the oil is hot enough, add a big tablespoon of batter to the pan. Flip your pancakes when they're firm enough and don't fall apart when you're trying to move them. They should be ready after 1 or 1.5 minutes. Add toppings (I used maple syrup) and: Enjoy!


What's your favourite pancake topping?


Love,
Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks!